sulieman safar is on a distinguished road
Thinking about thinking

In a wolrd filled with confusion
In a civilization beaming with crisis
In a current of thought dominated by the abstract
In a universe where the frame of reference is moving
In a time where past, present and future don"t seem to make sense
In a place surrounded by noise and pollution
One seems to loose inner peace and never looks likes regaining it.If something like this is happening to you try this simple test. Once every day for the duration of fifteen minutes or so try and sit down somewhere where it quite and think about nothing and do nothing and I mean absolutely nothing, not eating, drinking ,smoking or anything else.Although you might be able to muster the physical aspects of the exercise,you will find the mental aspects a great deal more difficult then at once you will come to the conclusion that in this day and age we are continuosly thinking and that is the biggest source of discontent in our lives. Having practice this for a few days and finally were able to sit and not think for your fifteen minutes or so, you will discover thinking is a powerful tool that you should use only when needed and this exercise should eventually make you a master of your thinking where you can switch it on and off as required. Scientific research points out that human being can only concentrate for an hour in evry day and the sooner we learn to use our power of concentration for the required situation the better.
Happy thinking
sulieman

Sponsored Links
قديم 29th September 2006, 04:08 AM
الصورة الرمزية lamia
lamia lamia غير متواجد حالياً
عضو بارز

تاريخ التسجيل: Apr 2005
المشاركات: 109
الجنس: انثى
lamia is on a distinguished road
maybe if some1 read this subject will say it's so easy to sit down for 15 min and think about nothing .... BUT ... it's really sooooo hard .... i tried this before .... it was so hard for me to just sit and think about nothing ....
then I realized that there's a thousand of voiceses runing throw my head all the day .... that's what couses me the headache ......
I don't know .....
but sure it's a very active way to concentrat more
i'll keep trying until I reach the 15 min every day

thank you for this beautifull thread

w w w . y e l l o o o w . c o m
قديم 1st October 2006, 10:11 PM
a_aroush a_aroush غير متواجد حالياً
مشرف سابق  
تاريخ التسجيل: Aug 2003
الدولة: united states of America
المشاركات: 886
الجنس: ذكر
a_aroush is on a distinguished road
Although Meditation had been known for thousands of years, it needs to be rediscovered and practiced more than ever now days, that’s a sure thing.

But that doesn't really apply to all civilizations, take ours for instance .

I've always doubted the Arabs continual claims of being the frontiers in medical science, for a good reason, but we're not discussing that now, however I can sure give them the credit for advanced knowledge of this ( think about nothing ) practice and its importance to the brain, as a matter of fact they practiced this exercise daily for centuries, and way passed the 15 minutes mark, and as years went by, they developed great capability to run this exercise for hours daily, in fact now they don’t think at all, only for few hours wile asleep, that’s when there brain kicks to action, and start thinking of how to get there food the next day.

In Lamias case, I was wondering why she couldn't do it!? I think she is genetically incorrect.

oh i got an idea for you Lamia, the next time Nada visits Syria, go and see her, she knows all the tricks to do it.

قديم 2nd October 2006, 01:37 PM
sulieman safar sulieman safar غير متواجد حالياً
مشرف سابق  
تاريخ التسجيل: Nov 2003
المشاركات: 981
One of the most beautiful and challenging aspect of writing in the Forum is how the message can be conveyed and recieved. The writer tries his/her best to make the message as clear as possible ,but with all the good intent in the world he or she can still be misunderstood and here we have a classical example.I wrote an article about an idea that came to me whilst I was trying to meditate.Lamia being an intellegent girl , and not even living in Australia or America, understood it exactly the way I meant it but the same cannot be said for Abdula, therefore I have to simplify my already simple explanation to convey my idea to him and that is usually done through example.

Let say Abdula just read my article"thinking about thinking"and he was in his store. He said to himself "
.........i am going to try this crappy idea of dear uncle Soloman
He went and notified the employees in the store that he must not be disturbed for 15 minutes regardless, even if the wife rings tell here that I will be back in 15 minutes. He locked himself in his office , no smoking drinking or eating , he even puts the lights off.
he closes his eyes and try to think about nothing, something which he thinks he has a genetic predisposition to (being an Arab( .
One minute into his journey of thinking about nothing he starts to worry about the employees stealing the money, he gets distracted a little then he manages to convence himself that his emplyees are very honest and they would"nt do anything like that.
He starts again only to find hiself distracted by his wife"s idea of having a 10 metre by 20 metre living room in their new house, minding you he is not worried about the size of the room or the cost of building it,he is just worried about the cost of the furniture. He stops and persuades himself saying: or well;my uncle Soloman will get some nice but not expesive furniture from China as he seems to have connections everywhere.
Abdula starts again but this time he is distracted by the 6500 African children dying everyday from drinking dirty water. He feels angry and helpless. By then the fifteen minutes are over and one of his employees knocks on his door asking him if they had any Australian wines in the store for a customer who wants to buy?of course Abdula flies of the handle and starts shouting at no one in particular saying"bloody Australian they are the cause of all the problems in the world.
:
I just gave a small illustration of how difficult it is to think with sharp concentration.Unfortunately that cannot be attained unless we train our brain to stop from thinking continuosly and that is precisely is the value of my orriginal proposition.
Abdula why dont you make more fruitful use of your thinking and translate my orriginal article into arabic as my arabic software is not working.
I hope I made my idea cleare.
happy thinking or no-thinking
sulieman
قديم 8th October 2006, 01:15 PM
sulieman safar sulieman safar غير متواجد حالياً
مشرف سابق  
تاريخ التسجيل: Nov 2003
المشاركات: 981
I dont know why Abdulah never persued this topic any further . May be it is a fear that ABOUDEE "S donkey philosophy might come true.Here I like to remaind everyone of that famous philosophy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

فلسفة حمار

عجبي عليك يا ابن آدم..

يا كبير الدار قومت الدنيا وما قعدت لما قالوا حمار..

هو اسمي شتيمة ولا جنسي هذا عار..

خلقني ربي وخلقك ولا حد له خيار..

وأنا مهما زاد الحمل فوقي صابر على المشوار..

لا في يوم أقول أش معنى أخوي وآخذ منه الثار ولا يوم اشاجرغيري وأطق منه وأغار..

ولا أرفع في يوم عيني على جارتي وأصون الجار..

ولا مهر أدفع لحماتي ولا شبكة ولا سوار..

ولا شقة أجمع في ثمنها ولا أجهزة الدار..

ولا حرمتي حامل تتوحم بدها الكافيار..

ولا بنت تخرج عن طوعي وتجيب لي العار ولا ابن يدمن ويهلوس ويقع ينهار..

عايش في حالي متهني وليش الأفكار؟؟

آكل وأشرب وأنهق وما في عندي أسرار..

وعندي ابن آدم يخدمني ليل ونهار..

أن جعت يشتري طعامي بأغلى الأسعار..

خادم أمين من غير راتب ولا إيجار..

والحين عرفت يا بني آدم من فينا الحماااااااااااااااار؟؟؟؟

is this why Abdulah never wrote a replay? may be
lol
قديم 8th October 2006, 08:39 PM
a_aroush a_aroush غير متواجد حالياً
مشرف سابق  
تاريخ التسجيل: Aug 2003
الدولة: united states of America
المشاركات: 886
الجنس: ذكر
a_aroush is on a distinguished road
you had to push my buttons again , as usual uncle Sulieman . do you really want me to persue the topic .

you accused me of not getting the point , but you're the one who didn't get my point.

i used the Arab example as a general indirect method to make my point .

now since it isn't clear yet , i'll try a defferent approach .

how could you tell someone to stop his car engine to cool it down when he doesn't own a car ! .

thats what happend here , look at you for example , asking me to translate your original topic to Arabic , when this is supposed to be an English forum !!

if you were to think for a moment , you couldn't have asked , but the problem is you never started your engine and think , so what is it exactly the point of this subject.

ABOUDEE donkey's philosophy is .
قديم 9th October 2006, 02:44 PM
tomassen tomassen غير متواجد حالياً
عضو بارز

تاريخ التسجيل: Apr 2006
المشاركات: 140
الجنس: انثى
tomassen is on a distinguished road
hi
It's very good idea Abdulla , I totally agree with you , but you must try this method to be more relax and give us more ideas

أدوات الموضوع
انواع عرض الموضوع تقييم هذا الموضوع
تقييم هذا الموضوع:

ضوابط المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا يمكنك اضافة مرفقات
لا يمكنك تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة

الانتقال السريع

Sponsored Links

جميع الأوقات بتوقيت GMT +3. الساعة الآن 08:34 AM.